Saturday, January 20, 2007

What a week...

I never knew how long one week could seem....

Well, it all started one week ago. We had Shelby's 4th birthday party. It went really well and although the weather was horrible, 35 people still showed up to help us celebrate! Shelby had a wonderful time and got many nice things! Well then Sunday we ended up staying home all day because the weather was so yucky and then Monday it iced over and so I had to stay home from work. Chris still went in since he only had to go a few blocks to work. Then Tuesday was Shelby's actual birthday and although the weather was still terrible, I went to work. Came home that afternoon and got a call from a friend who told me they hadn't been able to come to Shelby's party because her husband had an accident and is now paralyzed from the chest down. It was such a shock because he is only in his mid-late 20's and is such a great, vibrant, guy who is always up and doing something. Even when he got hurt he was helping out his elderly neighbors cutting some tree limbs for them. Anyways, then Wednesday I stayed home again because of the weather and then Thursday and Friday had to work 2 full days because 1-missed 2 days of work and we really need the money right now and 2-our office was moving to a new location so I had to help out with that. Then finally to end the week, today me and the kids slept in while Chris went to work and then when he got home we all loaded up and went to see Jeremy (our friend who was hurt) @ Parkland hospital. He looked really good and was in good spirits considering the circumstances. I am really worried about my friend Jennifer (Jeremy's wife). She seemed okay, but you could tell she is really in a lot of stress. I couldn't imagine even being in her shoes. They have a 2 year old son right now and I tell you-I have been jealous several times because they seem to have the perfect life. They really have some hard times coming...

This all has made me realize how important life is this week....Sometimes I worry about all these things and they aren't even worth worrying about in the scheme of things. Enjoy life-enjoy what God has given and enjoy everyday since we aren't promised tomorrow! Live for God-something I haven't been doing to my fullest ability and am trying to change....

God Bless everyone till next time....

No comments: