Hello. I know I made my last blog site private because I decided to start writing some personal stuff that I wasn't comfortable sharing with the entire world :). I do miss writing for friends to see our daily lives though so I'm starting this new blog...
Anyways, this weekend is the first complete weekend Chris has been off in forever!! He started his new position as "MIT" (Manager in Training) this week so he now works the weekdays and should have most weekends off...Yeah for us!! It was so nice~we spent all Saturday just laying around the house doing NOTHING!!! I actually got to take a 3 hour nap! Although there was an interruption in it since I'm still the primary feeding source for my son :). But it was still SOOOO good! Then we headed to a car dealership in town to check on buying a van...I'm not quite sure I want to because we have never had 2 car payments but it would be nice to have a vehicle big enough that we can have people ride with us places. We'll see I guess. Then today we got up and went to church and went to eat with my parents and then I have actually been able to put a dent in the tornado we live in. We put the Christmas stuff back in the attic and then I super cleaned the bathroom and dining and living room and I will be working on the rest this evening. Chris is happy because for Christmas he got a collectors picture of the National Championship and so I hung it in the living room (he has been fighting me to do that since Christmas).
Now onto other news....Shelby can not wait until her birthday...SHE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! As I type right now she is rambling on about it... I can not believe I have a 4 year old. That's just not right. I see Austin now and see how he reminds me of things Shelby did when she was his size...and then look up and it seems like we blinked and she went from baby to a young girl...she isn't even a toddler anymore...she is a little person. She is so smart and so sweet (most of the time) and it's just so unreal! The party is next Saturday and it's a first~ Shelby has never had a "birthday party". The first two years we just had family and a friend or two over at our house to celebrate and then last year me and Chris just decided to take her to the zoo and to eat at McD's and then dinner with the grandparents. This is the first time she is inviting people and everything... And so cute-we took the invitations to church this morning and I would tell her to give them to one of her friends and their parents and she would walk up...open the card..."read" it to them...and walk off with the card!! So anyways, this next week will be stressful putting all the details together and making sure everything is done!
Austin is growing...smiling...laughing...all I can say is "Gerber Baby". He is such a chunk!! At Christmas he was between 18-20lbs and everyone thinks he is even bigger now. Funny thing is he doesn't look "fat" he is just solid. And he has been smiling since early December and then around Christmas he started to really laugh and now he is just such a happy baby all the time! He is so content and really... I know this sounds fake but he really NEVER cries unless he is hungry! I promise!! I'm the luckiest mama and I think God knew that I couldn't take another wild child so he gave me Austin! He's my little man!
It's funny-I've been looking at my life lately and I have found a lot of my old high school buddies on myspace.com and I sometimes wonder "what-if" about my life but then I realize how blessed I am....we were meant to get married young and have these 2 awesome kids and maybe more one day! We were meant to be here! I thank God for my life!
We have also had a lot of death and sickness around us lately. A really nice guy who was only 42 died on New Years day from cancer and he only found out about a few months back...ended up in the hospital and never left...You never know what will happen and you always need to have your life ready...don't worry about the petty things and just enjoy what you have!! I heard that someone asked Jeff what he wanted for Christmas and he responded "I don't need anything..I have friends"....how true!
God Bless you all and I pray that you have a wonderful new year!!!!
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment