Hello all!
Let me tell you what happened the other day...maybe I am a little on the stubborn side...you tell me!
Okay, our cable bill used to be $80 a month because we had signed up for a special deal that I think was for the first year only. Apparently a year was up this past fall and the bill went up to $125/month. I have my bills set up with my bank online to pay automatically. I had the $80 set in there and then one month noticed the bill had gone up to $125 so I put that amount in to start paying. Well we start to get calls after Christmas from the cable company. I kept thinking it was a sales call so I didn't answer. Finally I answered the phone the other night. It's this horribly rude lady on there telling me my bill is late and they plan to cut the cable off. I told her she was mistaken because my bills are automatically paid every month from my bank on line. She argues so I pulled up my statement and she told me I didn't pay Decemeber so I told her yes I did, on the 12th. So she said that she saw that but that I didn't pay Novemeber. We did that game all the way back to I believe Septemeber and she said that's when it started-that the bill had gone up to $125 and I just paid the $80. I guess I could see where that happened so I then asked her about the cancellation-they were going to cancel the cable because I had overlooked the extra amount one month and even though I had paid on time every month they were going to do that....she told me I could do a post-dated check or give her my credit card info and she would bring my account up to date...um-no! I listen to Dave Ramsey and have heard TOO many stories of this happening and then the company goes bonkers with that info charging before they are supposed to or charging too much...I'm not about to start that. So I argued with the woman and told her I didn't feel comfortable with that and that I would pay the entire amount due on the 12th of this month (normal due date). She still argued with me so I asked to put her on hold so I could discuss with Chris and she hung up the phone. Well the next day the cable was still on so I figured maybe they were going to wait till I paid the payment on the 12th...Nope! Yesterday morning I tried to get on the internet and it didn't work so I went to turn on the tv..sure enough no cable. We plan to switch cable/phone/internet all to AT&T this month anyways, I was just going to wait until the 21st to do it. I know my husband was behind me in the arguement with Comcast...but would he still be with no cable? I told my mom about everything and she said I should call a supervisor and tell them what happened. So I called the local office here in town and got a very nice lady. I explained everything that happened and she told me that she would turn on the cable and put a note in the computer that I would pay on the 12th. Funny enough-another thing she told me is that they don't do post-dated checks...WHICH IS WHAT THE CRAZY RUDE LADY WAS TRYING TO GET FROM ME!!! Was I crazy not to give that to her. Okay we owe the money but I WILL NOT give my personal stuff like that to someone I don't know...over the phone...NOPE!
Well still planning Shelby's party this week so wish us luck!! A Lot of people have RSVP-ed so it looks like it will be a BIG PARTY!!!
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment